But I love the recipe for fried chicken and the best part is that you don’t have to feel guilty while eating it.
What you will need (serves 2):
– 1 pack of mini fillets from Woolies (or 3 normal chicken breasts, you can just slice them into strips)
– 4 tablespoons polenta (you’ll find this at any supermarket)
– 1 tablespoon parmesan (finely grated)
– salt and pepper to taste
– 1 teaspoon paprika
– lemon juice
– 1 tablespoon olive oil
– 1 egg (or egg white only, if you want to be really healthy). I used 2 but it was too much
– mix polenta, parmesan, paprika, salt and pepper together in a medium sized bowl
– heat about 1 tablespoon of olive oil on quite a high heat in a frying pan
– after washing your chicken, dip each strip into the egg (or egg white), and then into your polenta mixture. I like using one hand for egg and one for polenta else it gets a bit too messy. Lay all your chicken strips on a board.
– you can serve the chicken with whatever you’d like, veggies, salad, a coleslaw. We had it with a woolies spinach/butternut combo and some ciabatta.
I have such a weakness for bread, especially crispy bread that’s just come out of the oven. That’s the reason why I can never lose weight 😉
– Fry your chicken for about 7 minutes on either side. Make sure to cut one strip down the center so you can be certain that the chicken’s cooked through. Drizzle with some lemon juice.
– And that’s it! It will take under half an hour to prepare and your chicken will be crispy and delicious.