I’ve lost about 5kg so far (4kg when my scale is misbehaving) and I’m back to my weight before I got married. I want to lose more but I seem to have hit a bit of a stumbling block where my weight isn’t coming off as quickly as it did before. I’m not going to be too hard on myself, I’m just relieved that I can fit into my clothes again!
I thought I’d share some of the foods I learnt to love while on this diet.
I used to HAVE to have some form of carb at every meal, and now I’ve realized that veggies fill you up just as much, but they don’t add any kilojoules.
I am not a veggie lover but there are SOME veggies that I do like- so I make the most of those.
Here are 3 of my favourite dishes to cook that will hopefully inspire you. They’re all really easy, especially if you get your ingredients from Woolies where everything is already prepared!
Grilled chicken and goats cheese salad with roasted peppers, caramelised onions and balsamic cherry tomatoes:
Ingredients (serves 2):
– 2 chicken breasts (you can use the strips of chicken from Woolies)
– 1 pack of mixed lettuce
– 1 yellow and 1 red pepper
– Chevin (goats cheese)
– 1 Onion
– 1 punnet Cherry Tomatoes
– 1 egg (optional- I give this to my hubby to eat else he’s not full)
- Cut your chicken into strips marinate with 1 tsp garlic, 1/2 tsp salt, some black pepper and 1 tsp mixed herbs. The Robertson Paste series is really nice to use here- I use the Italian Herbs paste. You can marinate them however you prefer though.
- Cook chicken in a griddle pan on a high heat, turning frequently
- Cut your cherry tomatoes in half and slice your peppers, smother them with balsamic vinegar and stick in the oven at 180 degrees celcius. Leave in for about 20 minutes.
- Cut your onion into thin strips, put in a frying pan at a medium heat with a little bit of olive oil, 1 Tblsp balsamic vinegar and 1 tsp brown sugar. Turn frequently till onions go translucent.
- Boil your egg
- Layer your lettuce in a bowl. I used this gorgeous teak board that I got from the Irene Village Market
- Cut your egg into quarters and add this to the salad
- Add your peppers, tomatoes, caramelized onions and chicken breasts. Distribute evenly.
- Tear your goats cheese into small blocks and put in bowl/ on board
This is SO tasty and delicious! And I promise it will fill you 🙂 You can add some toasted ciabatta to this if you’re very hungry.
- Get an ovenproof dish and spray with some Spray and Cook.
- Put your fish fillet in the middle. Spread 2 tsp of pesto over it so that the whole fish is covered. Season with salt and pepper
- Surround your fish with the veggies, drizzle with Olive Oil and bake for 30 minutes at 200 degrees.