However, I decided to make brownies this weekend because:
1) we have a new lady in our team who joined from De Beers and she bakes, like all the time. It’s a dream come true. I felt bad for eating all her goodies and wanted to also contribute to the “feast”
2) we had a bit of a crisis at work so 2 members of our team had to come in over the weekend, so I promised to “reward” them
and 3) Rishav has been complaining about how I never cook/ bake/ do anything homely, so this will keep him quiet for a while 🙂
I was going to make the Slutty Brownies I saw on Talya’s blog, Shades of Gold, but I decided that they were just too decadent. Oreo, choc chip cookie AND brownie all in one is a bit much for me 😉 If you do like sweet things, go and check out the recipe here.
I got this recipe from the latest issue of the Woolie’s Taste Magazine. It was super easy, and required relatively few/simple ingredients.
– 300g (3 slabs) good quality dark chocolate broken into small pieces (I used Lindt Mint Intense- which is my fav choc)
– 120g butter, at room temperature and cubed
– 6 free range eggs
– 200g sugar (I don’t like very sweet things so I used 140g)
– 140g cake flour
– 200g mixed roast nuts (Whichever you like- I used pistachios)
1. Preheat oven to 160 degrees Celsius.
2. Line a 20x30cm baking tin with greaseproof paper, waxy side facing up
3. Melt the chocolate and the butter in a double boiler or in a glass bowl over a saucepan of boiling water, stirring continuously. When melted, remove from the heat and allow to cool.
4. In a separate bowl, beat the eggs and sugar until light and creamy, then stir in the chocolate mixture. Add the flour and the nuts, mixing well.
5. Pour the batter into the prepared dish or tin
6. Lick the leftover batter
7. Bake for 30 minutes if you like them very gooey, or for 35 minutes if you prefer them more dry. Remove and decorate however you want, or not at all- I used MnMs.
So these were a huge hit at the office. I made a separate healthy batch containing a tin of BEANS for myself from Picky Eater Blog, I got the recipe here. Not as delicious, but they curb the craving!