Yesterday, I hosted the inaugural Jozilicious Winter Mixer. 50 of my readers bought tickets for a high tea event at Belle’s Patisserie (who make the best red velvet cupcakes in Jozi, and quite possibly in the world).
My sponsors were incredibly generous and I had tons of prizes to give away in a lucky draw, as well as loads of goodies to fill up the goodie bags.
We had 7 tables, each representing a continent. People sat wherever they wanted, so if they were sitting at the “Europe” table for example, they were encouraged to chat about where they’ve been in Europe, or where they want to go in Europe. Because most people at the table didn’t know eachother, it was a great way to share travel ideas and inspiration. In between that, we enjoyed a yummy high tea from Belle’s, and I gave away 3 prizes every half an hour.
I loved meeting some of my readers, especially the ones I’ve been chatting to over email and on Twitter and Facebook for ages.
Some #joziliciousmixer stats:
– The event was sold out in 1 day, with a waiting list of 30 people
– There were 16 prizes up for grabs, with a total value of over R10000.
– The #joziliciousmixer hashtag reached 14,833 twitter users. and hit timelines on Twitter 57,000 times
Here are some pics that my
dedicated photographer hubby took.
This event would not have been possible without ALL the sponsors, so thank you thank you thank you from the bottom of my heart to:
– Belle’s Patisserie, for providing an awesome venue, a delectable high tea and a red velvet cupcake + artisan jam for each reader
– Midori Eco Salon, Roots at Forum Homini and SOHO for sponsoring a discount voucher for the goodie bags and prizes for the lucky draw
– Joburg Places, Lacoste Sunglasses, Chloe perfume, House of Rey, Lindt, Contessa Tea Connoisseur, Africology, Campo Marzio, the African Pride at Melrose Arch Hotel, Cube Tasting Kitchen, Prestige Housewares and Goddessa Beauty for sponsoring prizes for the lucky draw
– Crabtree and Evelyn and Original Shaken Cocktails for sponsoring samples for the goodie bags; and Grazia Magazine for the mags they sponsored
– Dr Reza Mia and Dulce Cafe for sponsoring vouchers for the goodie bags
I am already planning the Spring event… so watch this space!