As my regular readers will know, I lost my dad about 6 months ago, and earlier this year, my mom moved from PE to JHB. I was SO excited to have her close by, and imagined her being my plus 1 to events, plus having her join me to do my nails and my hair and all the girly things I love to do. Well. Things didn’t really go according to plan. I realised quickly that she doesn’t enjoy the same stuff I do. She’s perfectly happy eating toasted sandwiches and tennis biscuits everyday, for example, and doesn’t enjoy eating anything fancy. She gets tired quickly and isn’t able to spend an entire Saturday out and about like she used to. Also, she left all her friends behind in PE and started feeling really lonely. So sadly, she’s most likely moving back to PE soon, but hopefully not before the “With my Girls” conference, which is the PERFECT thing to do with your mom, or your girlfriends. And I have 2 tickets to give away!
So, what exactly is the “With My Girls” event all about?
When: Saturday 10 May at 9am
Where: The Swiss Hotel School, in Randburg
What: An inspiring and uplifting day, that will leave you and your mom/ girlfriend feeling pampered and empowered
Price: R380 (early bird special: R300, ends 31 March!)
To book: Visit www.quicket.co.za
On the agenda for the day (all included in your ticket):
Inspirational talks by:
- Motivational speaker Sue Levy. You can have a look at her blog here
- Rich Simmonds – Author of Mug&Tweet and 5Night Plan. Richard has over 200k followers on Twitter and is known as a social media guru, you can check him out here
- A secret celebrity star (Not so secret any more ) Hayley Owen who’ll be chatting about “Digital You” which you can check out here
Interactive workshops on:
- Self Defense by Warriors of Faith Martial Arts School
- Style with The Style Guru
- Skin care with Crystal Clear Skin Aesthetic Clinic and Dermalogica, including personalized skin care sample kits
- Makeup, including makeup sample kits, from Face Value
Plus: giveaways and lunch, hosted by the Swiss Hotel School.
I think this is a great way to treat your mom or even a friend.
**To win 2 tickets to this fab event, comment below, telling me who you would take to the event if you win, and why they’re special to you**
I’ll announce the winner on 8 April.